Experience of Choosing Delicious Snails and Preparing Snails
- For a delicious snail hotpot, you should choose fresh snails. When touching the grinder, the snails automatically retract inside and close, which are the living ones. Dead snails are those that have a bad smell and do not move.
- After buying snails, you let the snails soak in rice water for about 3 hours for the snails to release all the slime and then wash them several times with clean water. Or you can also soak the snails with vinegar and a few slices of chili for about 2 hours.
- 1kg snails
- 200g bacon
- 2 pieces of tofu
- 2 green bananas
- Cold rice
- Sugar, monosodium glutamate, fish sauce
- Garlic, turmeric powder
- Fresh coconut water
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- You prepare the snail as above to clean it, then use a knife to cut off the tail of the snail, take out the snail meat with a stick, cut off the snail’s intestines. Or you can also leave the shell on. When taking out the snail meat, if it’s big, you cut it in half, if it’s small, leave it whole.
- Green bananas you peel, wash and cut into 4 lengthwise. Then, blanch bananas with water mixed with a little salt and then drain.
- Bacon you wash, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Tofu you cut into square pieces and then deep fry in oil until golden.
If you love 4 Different Clam & Vegetables Served in Hot Pot, You can Order Here. Thank You!
Step 2: Stir-fry Snails and Rice
Put the pan on the stove, saute minced garlic with cooking oil, then add bacon and snails and stir-fry to hunt again. Next, you add 3 tablespoons of batch rice, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of MSG, 2 tablespoons of seasoning, 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir-fry.
Step 3: Cook Hot Pot
You put coconut water in the pot, cook until it comes to a boil, then add snails and bacon. Next, add tofu, green bananas and bring to a boil. Season to taste the hot pot just enough to eat.
Step 4: Make Snail Hot Pot Sauce
You put 2 tablespoons of batch rice in a bowl, then add sugar and MSG, stir to dissolve. Then you add lemongrass and minced chili and mix well to make dipping sauce.
That’s it, you put the hot pot on the mini gas stove and bring to a boil, add your favorite vegetables. With this snail hotpot dish, you should eat it with a new standard rice dipping sauce. Or if you like, you can also use pure fish sauce, add a few chili peppers and you’re done.