Curry squid stir-fry is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is popular in many Asian cuisines. The combination of tender squid and aromatic curry powder makes for a delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion. Here’s a recipe for making curry squid stir-fry that you can try at home.
- 500g squid, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to the skillet and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers are slightly softened.
- Add the curry powder to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the curry powder is fragrant.
- Add the squid to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables and curry powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the squid is opaque.
- Add the fish sauce, salt, black pepper, and water to the skillet. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes until the squid is fully cooked and the curry sauce has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Your delicious curry squid stir-fry is now ready to serve! Enjoy it hot over a bed of steamed rice, or as a side dish for your favorite meal.