- 300g rice flour
- 200ml coconut milk
- 300ml water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 purple onion
- 200g fresh shrimp or dried shrimp
- 100g pork or pork belly
- A handful of herbs (coriander, Vietnamese balm, lime leaves, mint)
- Some mung beans
- Cooking oil
- Mix together the rice flour, coconut milk, water, turmeric powder, chili powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Ensure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Cut the purple onion into long thin slices. Cut the pork or pork belly into thin slices.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Add the sliced onion and pork or pork belly and fry until the pork is cooked and the onion is golden brown.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and fry until the shrimp are cooked. Then add the mung beans to the pan and stir well.
- Heat a little oil in another pan. Pour in a small amount of the batter mixture and top with some herbs.
- Cook the pancake for around 2-3 minutes until crispy. Then place it on a plate and serve with dipping sauce.
We hope you enjoy making and eating these delicious crispy pancakes!